Tuesday 29 May 2012

JUDDCRAFT HISTORY






A sight for sore eyes!!!...Their both gorgeous.These shots are of Barry Judds earliest Pharaoh design and were kindly sent to us by Keith who was involved in the Juddcraft operation at the time situated in McGraths Hill Windsor NSW.Judd built boats in other locations throughout the years including Forbes and also near Taree. Other designs fom Judd included three versions of the Hammerhead,the Mantaray and also a one off two seater hydro.The Pharaoh and Egyptian models were derived from moulds legally sourced from Mick Whiteley before his retirement.The previous Juddcraft Pharaoh post we seen showed the second version which featured the raised bubble deck.A big thanks to Keith for sharing these ripper pics,champion!.Also seen is some more recent shots of this historic Pharaoh when she was last advertised...Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I was fortunate to work in the huge Tuncurry shed and work on the Pharaoh hulls along with Keith the Surfboard glasser. I witnessed the crazzy pinline gelcoat jobs done by Barry and his Beautiful and totally blind Wife Joy (RIP). I have seen the photo album containing Eygtian murals on decks, which rival Jim Davidsons airbrush art. Joy could recognise me from the outline of my body and could walk around houseboat moulds as easy as anyone. The conversations in that lunchroom truly inspired me and I believe guided me to where I am in life today. Thanks for the oportunity to work in your factory and early Coolongolook days Barry. Dean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys, Any idea how to identify my hull type via the serial number??

    ReplyDelete