Friday 26 October 2012

"The EGYPTIAN" (the original); The Twitchin Album

This is a heartfelt plea for anyone that may have any information whatsoever (or better yet photo's) on the history or whereabouts of this historic racer "The EGYPTIAN"....Although very similar she is not to be confused with the other beautiful green "The EGYPTIAN" that we posted some time back that was advertised in a Trading Post link (A big thanks to Juddcraft guru Keith for clearing that up for us).Affectionately known to the Twitchin's as "THE GYPO" ,this '77 Juddcraft Pharoah that they skied their very first Bridge 2 Bridge with, was the beloved boat that changed the family's lives.This is the original "The EGYPTIAN" that was purchased from Barry Judd who campaigned her with a blown big block through the late 70's circuit and even ski racing her (6th outright '79 b2b).She was adorned with a fabulous King Tut mural on the deck and had a spectacular metalflake and hieroglyphics finish performed by the famous Brown Bros.The Twitchin's had numerous class wins with her first powered by a stock 350 and last with a tunnel rammed LS 454 with which she was sold to a friend in '83.Little is known of her after that ,so once again, PLEASE get in contact if you have any pics or info on this special boat so I can put you in touch with Steve.We would also be rapt if anyone would like to share any memories they may have of her in the comments box . ...cheers    .......***UPDATE;  Whoops,I mistakenly stated her as a Pharoah, very sorry to cause any confusion.She is actually a Juddcraft Egyptian hull which were based on the Whitely Louise J design. The shorter Pharoah hulls originate from the Whitely Tantrum mould. Juddy also produced many of his own designs that we hope to elaborate more on in the future.(cheers Keith)

10 comments:

  1. I have 3 photos of the green 'The Egyptian' taken at full noise in the creek at Forbes NSW in about 1978. The photos are not good quality but certainly show The Egyptian in action and at speed (lots of it). Happy to provide a copy if they contribute to the history of your boat. I can be contacted at bnc1300@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! emailing now thanks. you could almost consider us the Juddcraft fan club here at ASB. cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me and a mate used to own the Egyptian in late 80's early 90's did my first bridge behind it. Would have to dig out pics and scan them. engine that was in it had its day so we droped a mild 427 in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. blow me down!! ...please do mate, would make more than a few of us EXTREMELY happy and grateful.

      Delete
  4. may be if you could find barry and joys son sean who was born when there shop at colonglook

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dad name is Steve, he bought the Egyptian (the one in the picture above) in 1986 from Wollongong. Had a 402 big block chev. Sold it in 1989 or 1990. Have plenty of photos, would have to dig them up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, the boat you are talking about is still in my family and has been ever since it was made. I advertised it some time back as you mentioned to sell, I had someone email me abusing me saying I was lying. I consequently ignored all other communication on the add and the boat is still sitting at my house. You are clearly very passionate about these boats and I am more than happy to talk to you however I can't see how to contact you directly so I have left this post, I am not prepared to leave my contact details here publicly for obvious reasons. Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI James, sorry for the confusion in my post 4th October 2015, I'm talking about the "green" Egytian, the pictures you see of it on this blog and on facebook I took of it when I advertised it in the trading post. I still have it and would love to see it go to someone that can appreciate her. Regards Troy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Troy I have tried for ages to find a copy of that add, if you interested in selling her give a yell Im not sure if I want to leave any details on here, so I will check in from time to time to see if you reply, I am on ozboatracers under kaos308

      Delete