Friday 12 April 2013

Rusty's Album; Part 1









Rusty has sent in an amazing collection of treasured pics snapped throughout the years. Let's start with the current apple of his eye, this ripper mystery clinker. Someone out there must know what she is, any clues to her origins would be greatly appreciated. Power is supplied by an oldschool 272 Y block Ford and direct drive.Rusty's had her for a number of years and has recently performed a bunch of improvements including that neat new trailer and Volante screen. A new alloy fuel tank is ready to be slipped in, then a bit of trim work and a bimini to protect the family and she's ready to rock again.
Plenty more from Rusty yet to come ;) ..... Huge thanks mate.

6 comments:

  1. hi it is probably a early evringham the flat peice on the top of the stem is a bit of a giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lot to suggest Everingham, but we have some doubts. The rego papers even state Everingham but we have yet to find an identical example. The flat shape on the bow stem is identical to the early Camero clinker also. Is it possible Camero made a mould from an early Everingham ??? Another point worth noting is Everinghams of this era all seemed to have a countered stern, as did the early Camero. This one doesn't ... but the internal rudder quadrant on her is very very Camero. The distinctive gauge binnacle should be the give away and I'm sure I have old pics of similar somewhere, I'll have a dig through the crates as soon as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost guarantee it is an early Camero.. I have one myself under current resto and there are so many lines that are identical

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cheers for your thoughts Bayda. I'm siding with you, I've always thought she has many Camero features. All the best with your resto, gis a look when you get the chance. regards

      Delete
  4. I like the rebuild, have just purchased an old girl myself, have no idea what type it is either. Are you able to tell me where you got the fibreglass seats and engine cover from?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it's been so long I've forgotten my login.
    Paul the seats and engine cover were in her when I bought it, the hood and front seats are fibregalss and the rear seat is glass over plywood. Can you post some photos of your boat (and any others who have commented, bayda007) so we can all see, or contact Ron via the homepage email address and he may be able to pass on my email details.
    I've also spotted tonight a photo of an almost identical boat to mine in the "STATE OF ORIGIN - CHARITY POKER RUN 2015" album from July 2015, if anyone can help me contact its owner that would be great, Cheers Rusty.
    I've only just pulled the boat out of storage after lying idle for some time, I'll share some action shots / videos during our summer fun.

    ReplyDelete